Multimedia Writing (JOU 3109)
When Michael graduates from the University of Florida with his master’s in journalism in December 2014, he will have taught eight different sections (two a semester) of the lab portion of the undergraduate class Multimedia Writing, an introductory journalism course. Each class has about 20 students, and Michael instructed his first two during the spring 2013 semester.
Students are taught the basics of hard news writing, feature writing, public relations, social media, blogging, getting published and more. Nine of Michael’s students from spring 2013 had stories they completed for class published, with most of them being published for the first time. Below are links to those stories.
- UF College of Dentistry brings smiles to Special Olympics
- UF gives hungry students options
- Click It or Ticket campaign increases safety belt usage by 4 percentage points
- Arts center taking the lead in environmental standard (PDF)
- Gainesville restaurant sells soil back to farmers
- Sun protection crucial this time of year, experts say
- UF faculty workshop hopes to bring sustainability concepts to the classroom
- Tablet tech takeover
- Stem majors may receive tuition break